Latest Blog

Waste Management Report

A  study on Composting commissioned by Niagara Region’s Waste Management Services Division has vindicated the MBT (mechanical Biological treatment) approach to landfill avoidance. The report shows that the costs of Composting are by far the lowest of all alternative options when considering the ‘true cost’ of waste management. ZWAI recommends that ‘true cost’ analysis be

Read More

Living Vicinity to Incinerators and landfills

Irish Medics At the 2008 AGM of the Irish Medical Organization in Killarney, a motion was passed demanding bio monitoring of people living within the vicinity of incinerators and landfills. Numerous medical studies have appeared internationally outlining the negative impacts on people living within the vicinity of Incinerators and landfills (especially to the unborn) .

Read More

Packaging waste

In addition to paper 682,688 tones of packaging waste has arisen. The stream of packaging waste has risen from 400,000 in 1993 to a figure estimated to be close to 700,000 tones by 1998 (EPA waste management database Summary 1998). According the the EPA summary report for 1998 a major reason for the increase in

Read More

Vehicle Dismantling and Recycling

Vehicle dismantling and recycling is an industry where at the end of their useful life, cars are dismantled to get spare car parts. Here a car crusher is normally used to reduce the size of the scrapped auto which makes it easier to transport to the steel mill. Each year, around 12-15 million cars go

Read More

Trucks for Recycling

One thing that makes trucks more reputable is the fact that they can be used in heavy duty jobs without wearing out easily. Evidently, approximately 87% of a truck comprise of materials made from metals while the remaining 13% is made from rubber and plastic. Therefore, it is logic that approximately, 87% of a truck

Read More

Scrapping and Recycling Your Car

Today, global warming is one of the biggest threats that our world is facing. We all know that this problem can gradually bring our world to the end. In order to protect our environment, it is very important to adopt good habits and think about different ways to contribute to the destruction of our environment.

Read More